Cell Phone Volume and Conversations
- Cell phones may not be used in areas of the Hospital where they might interfere with patient care equipment. All patients, family members and visitors must turn off cell phones in these areas. Signs will be posted or Nationwide Children’s staff members will tell you where cell phones may not be used.
- Ring tones should be set to vibrate in patient care areas at all times and in public areas between the hours of 10pm and 6am.
- Please do not talk on a cell phone while also talking to a Nationwide Children’s staff member (including doctors, nurses, and admission staff).
Taking Photos and Recording in Public Areas
- Photos or recordings in public areas (this includes halls and waiting areas) must be limited to members of your family. Photographing or recording staff or other patients and families without their permission is strictly prohibited.
Taking Photos and Recording in Patient Care Areas
- In patient care areas, photos of patients may be taken only if the patient is your own family member. You must have the approval of the patient’s parent or guardian.
- In patient care areas, recordings of patients are permitted only if the patient is your own family member. You must have the approval of the patient’s parent or guardian and doctor.
- When camera use is allowed, the camera must be battery-operated. No tripods or extra light sources are allowed.
- Nationwide Children’s staff members may not be included in any photos or recordings taken by patients, family members or visitors.
- Any photos or recordings you take of a patient must be for personal use only.
- If you have any concerns about photos or recordings that anyone may have taken of you or your family members, please tell a Nationwide Children’s staff member.
HH-42 8/13, Revised 6/16 Copyright 2013, Nationwide Children’s Hospital