Bringing Expert Care to the Comfort of Your Home
Video: Four Tips For a Successful Telehealth Appointment
Make the most of your telehealth visit.
Your child can receive health care from the comfort of your own home with telehealth.
Telehealth – using Zoom and a MyChart account – is a safe and secure way to receive care from your health care provider.
What Is Telehealth?
- Telehealth means having a visit with your health care provider using technology so you and your child can remain at home and still receive the medical care you need.
- Telehealth can be done using a secure video call.
We are offering telehealth visits for many outpatient services. Your health care provider will help determine if telehealth is appropriate for your appointment.
How Does It Work?
Nationwide Children’s Hospital will work with you to schedule an appointment for a video visit. Video visits will be done using Zoom, a free video conferencing service, and your MyChart account. Nationwide Children’s uses a corporate Zoom account that is secure and HIPAA compliant.
To request an appointment, please call (614) 722-6200 or request an appointment online.
Are Telehealth Visits Covered by My Insurance?
Nationwide Children’s is dedicated to keeping patients safe and meeting their clinical needs using telehealth services. Following our mission, our intent is to provide all services, if possible, regardless of insurance or ability to pay.
Most insurance companies and state regulations have expanded the use of telehealth. Nationwide Children’s may bill your insurance for these services.
Preparing for Your Telehealth Visit
You need the following to be able to participate in a telehealth video visit:
- A Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection
- A smartphone or a computer with working camera, microphone and speaker
- Zoom, an application that can be downloaded to your smartphone or accessed via computer
- A MyChart account, an application that can be downloaded to your smartphone or accessed via computer*
*If you do not currently have a MyChart account, click here to register and request an activation code. It may take 1 to 2 business days to receive an activation code via email. You can also email MyChart@NationwideChildrens.org for assistance.
Use MyChart to view your Nationwide Children's medical record.
Additional Telehealth Resources
Step-by-Step Instructions on the Day of Your Telehealth Video Visit:
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Arabic)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (English)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Nepali)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Somali)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Spanish)
Tips for Successful Telehealth Visits: