Bringing Expert Care to the Comfort of Your Home
Video: Four Tips For a Successful Telehealth Appointment
Make the most of your telehealth visit.
What Is Telehealth?
- Telehealth means having a visit with your health care provider using technology so you and your child can remain at home and still receive the medical care you need.
- Telehealth can be done over the phone or by a video call, similar to how many of you might be using Apple FaceTime or Facebook Messenger today.
We are offering telehealth visits for most outpatient services. Your health care provider will help determine if telehealth is appropriate for your appointment.
How Does It Work?
Nationwide Children’s Hospital will work with you to schedule an appointment for a phone or video visit. Video visits will be done using Zoom, a free video conferencing service, and your MyChart account. Nationwide Children’s uses a corporate Zoom account that is secure and HIPAA compliant.
To request an appointment, please call (614) 722-6200 or request an appointment online.
Are Telehealth Visits Covered by My Insurance?
Nationwide Children’s is dedicated to keeping patients safe and meeting their clinical needs using telehealth services during the pandemic. Following our mission, our intent is to provide all services, if possible, regardless of insurance or ability to pay.
Most insurance companies and state regulations have expanded the use of telehealth (including phone visits) due to the current national state of emergency. Nationwide Children’s may bill your insurance for these services.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change the way we live our daily lives, one thing remains true – Nationwide Children’s Hospital is adapting and innovating so you/your child receives uninterrupted care. We’re doing this through telehealth visits.
Preparing for Your Telehealth Visit
You need the following to be able to participate in a telehealth video visit:
- A Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection
- A smartphone or a computer with working camera, microphone and speaker
- Zoom, an application that can be downloaded to your smartphone or accessed via computer
- A MyChart account, an application that can be downloaded to your smartphone or accessed via computer*
*If you do not currently have a MyChart account, click here to register and request an activation code. It may take 1 to 2 business days to receive an activation code via email. You can also email MyChart@NationwideChildrens.org for assistance.
Use MyChart to view your Nationwide Children's medical record.
Additional Telehealth Resources
Step-by-Step Instructions on the Day of Your Telehealth Video Visit:
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Arabic)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (English)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Nepali)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Somali)
- Step-by-Step Instructions (Spanish)
Tips for Successful Telehealth Visits: