Nationwide Children's Urgent Care

Your Closest Urgent Care

Downtown Urgent Care

Emergency Department or Urgent Care?

As a parent, you never know when your child will need medical attention.

Urgent Care offers treatment for illnesses and injuries that need immediate attention, but do not need to be seen in the Emergency Department.

Click here for more information on whether to take your child to an Urgent Care Center or Emergency Department.


Urgent Care Locations

See All Urgent Care Locations

What is Urgent Care

Nationwide Children's Hospital offers many urgent care locations located throughout the Columbus metropolitan area: Downtown Columbus, Canal Winchester, Dublin, East Columbus, Hilliard, Westerville and Marysville.

Your first call should always be to your pediatrician or family doctor who knows your child best.

Always call 911 if you think your child is experiencing a medical emergency or life-threatening condition. If you think someone is poisoned, call the Central Ohio Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.

Urgent Care Services

Urgent Cares offer treatment for illnesses and injuries that need immediate attention, but do not need to be seen in the Emergency Department. Treatment for the following conditions is provided at a Nationwide Children’s Urgent Care Center:

  • Allergic reactions (rash)
  • Asthma/difficulty breathing
  • Small broken bones
  • Minor/small burns
  • Minor/small cuts
  • Fever
  • Rashes
  • Sore throat
  • Vomiting and diarrhea

Nationwide Children’s Urgent Care facilities work with the Emergency Departments to ensure each child receives the best care in the appropriate location.

What to Bring to your Urgent Care Appointment

Please bring:

Consent for Treatment

All patients who come to Nationwide Children's for medical treatment need to have a signed consent for treatment on file. If a child under 18 comes to Nationwide Children's Hospital for treatment with someone other than their parent or legal guardian, we need an authorization from the parent or legal guardian to allow them to sign medical consent for the child. The authorization form names someone over the age of 18, chosen by the parent or legal guardian, to seek medical treatment and sign consent for the child. For example, a baby-sitter, teacher or other family member. Make sure that anyone caring for your child who may need to seek medical attention for your child in your absence, has a completed authorization form.

* Wait time information was current as of Today at 10:51 AM. All wait times are approximate and, because new patients, some who are quite ill, are constantly arriving, your personal experience may vary from the times posted. For more information about how this information is obtained click here.