Pediatric Stroke Fellowship
Nationwide Children’s Hospital offers a one-year Pediatric Stroke Fellowship for a post-graduate physician interested in expanding their training and knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric stroke patients.
This one-year program will allow trainees to gain extensive knowledge and experience in the diagnosis, care and treatment of pediatric stroke. Trainees will have exposure to the Nationwide Children’s Stroke and Vascular Anomalies Clinic, as well as rotations through various departments within Nationwide Children’s and OSU.
What You Need to Know
- Provide supervised clinical work with responsibility for outpatients and inpatients in vascular neurology with attending pediatric neurologists
- Facilitate the interpretation of clinical research in vascular neurology with the foundation of evidence-based medicine
- Provide basic understanding and familiarity with requesting and interpreting vascular imaging studies
- Gain teaching skills by education and by teaching residents and medical students rotating through Nationwide Children’s and OSU inpatient services, and the outpatient Stroke and Vascular Anomalies Clinic at Nationwide Children’s
- Introduce the trainee to clinical research, research methods and QI methods as the first step toward a career as an attending pediatric stroke neurologist
- A possible option for a research year upon agreement from the director, associate director and the Nationwide Children's GME office
- Journal club
- Grand Rounds
- Membership to various neurology societies and associations
Salary and Benefits
Our fellows are hospital employees, and as such, they are eligible for the same benefits other full-time staff receive (with the exception of paid time off, which is outlined.) Click here to learn more about fellowship benefits.
We will select one fellow per academic year. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Trainees must have completed an ACGME-accredited pediatric neurology residency in North America
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Provide three letters of reference
Sign up for PediatricsOnline
Connect with us to learn about the latest research discoveries and clinical innovations in pediatric neurology and neurosurgery.
You Might Also Be Interested In
We offer comprehensive, family-centered care from renowned experts in pediatric neurology. We participate in clinical and scientific research programs, and our faculty members play prominent roles in national and international neurological organizations.Learn More