The International Scholars Program (ISP) at Nationwide Children's Hospital provides unique learning and teaching opportunities for faculty, staff and trainees from all over the world, with an emphasis on developing countries.
Since its inception in 1986 more than 300 physicians, nurses and allied health scholars from over 60 countries have received specialized pediatric training, shared clinical protocols and collaborated on scientific projects.
The mission of the ISP is to improve children’s access to quality healthcare through international collaboration in research, education and clinical care by:
- Building a global community of pediatric healthcare professionals to share expertise and disseminate best practices
- Enhancing recruitment and retention of top talent to pediatrics
- Increasing International visibility of pediatric programs of excellence
- Reducing cultural, ethnic, and other barriers to quality care
The ISP consists of several programs:
- Stecker Scholarship Program: 3-month funded observational experience
- Independently-Funded Program: self-funded observational experience
- Rotary International Interventional Radiology Fellowship: 3-week program funded through Rotary International & Dublin AM Rotary.
- Greif International Pediatric Fellowship: 1-year fellowship funded by Greif Inc. For more information, contact Cathleen Rooks.
- Fu Wai Hospital, Beijing, P.R. China
- Emma Kinderziekenhuis Children’s Hospital, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Shanghai Children’s Medical Center, Pudong District, Shanghai, P.R. China
- Instituto do Oncologia Pediatrica-GRAACC/Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Program for Promotion of Pediatric Health Services in Brazil
- Wuhan Children's Hospital, Wuhan, P.R. China (English version not available at this time)
- Liaocheng People’s Hospital, Liaocheng City, P. R. China (English version not available at this time)
You can reach the Education Department’s International Scholars Program at ISP@NationwideChildrens.org.
We welcome scholars from all over the world. We especially encourage applications from developing countries. Below is a list of countries that have participated in our programs to date. We add new countries to this list every year.
7 Costa Rica
8 Dominican Republic
10 El Salvador
18 St. Lucia
39 Saudi Arabia
53 South Africa
67 New Zealand