Nationwide Children's residency program value's a resident's work life and personal time. Please review all the benefits available to our residents. If you need any further clarification, please e-mail Kathy Trace at Kathy.Trace@NationwideChildrens.org or call (614) 722-4414.
Salaries for 2019 - 2020 Pediatric Residents are:
- PL-1: $56,943
- PL-2: $58,700
- PL-3: $60,312
A “matched student” moving to Columbus will receive assistance with relocation expenses.
- PL-1 YEAR - 21 Days Vacation + 6 Days Holiday Break
- PL-2 YEAR - 21 Days Vacation + Conf. Time (per guidelines) + 6 Days Holiday Break
- PL-3 YEAR - 21 Days Vacation + Conf. Time (per guidelines) + 6 Days Holiday Break
- (Holiday Break is taken over Christmas or New Year’s)
28 Days over three years.
Other uses: Personal illness; family illness; bereavement; birth of a child; adoption and personal days.
- PL-1 YEAR - $500
- PL-2 YEAR - $500
- PL-3 YEAR - $900
Uses: Professional meetings; medical books; journals; software; professional memberships, etc.
- Monthly Meal Allowance on ward, ICU, ED Senior, & Night Float rotations
- Catered Evening Meals on Weekends
- Coffee Service in Resident Center
- Paid Training License and USMLE or COMLEX Step 3 fees
- Paid Parking Fees: Nationwide Children's Hospital and The Ohio State University
- Paid Memberships: AAP Membership
Lab Coats and Scrubs Provided
- Two Lab Coats or One Lab Coat and One Fleece Jacket
- Three Sets of Scrubs
Sponsored Life Support Certs & Renewals
- AAP's Neonatal Resuscitation Certification & Recertification
- Basic Life Support Recertification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification & Recertification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Recertification
- Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support Certification
- Paid Insurance
- Personal Malpractice (within confines of residency)
- Disability Insurance (during residency)
- Life Insurance (during residency)
- Shared Premiums
- Employee Health Benefit Plan (includes medical, dental, and vision).
- Annual Housestaff Social Fund
- Annual Holiday Parties
- Resident Recognition Dinner
- Shrimp Extravaganza
- Ongoing Resident Planned Get-Togethers
- Resident Wellness Program
Retreats & Orientation
- New Resident Orientation
- PL-1 Retreat -Two Days
- Supervisory Training Workshop - Two Days
- PL-2 Retreat - One Day
- PL-3 Retreat - One Day
- Nationwide Children's Hospital NICU
- Nationwide Children's Hospital PICU
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Night Admitting
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Emergency Department
On-site Child Care
Children's has an on-site child care facility that is available to all employees. Early registration is encouraged due to limited class size.
Special circumstances for individual programs may result in some deviations in the contract. Please contact the individual Program Director or Karen E. Heiser, PhD, Vice-President of Nationwide Children’s Institute for Pediatric Education, at (614) 722-4905 if you have questions. View Resident Contract.