Golfers can be injured too. Just look at the knee injury Tiger Woods suffered before playing in the 2008 U.S. Open. In order to compete at your best on the links, you’ll need to make sure you are in top physical condition. Learn more about some helpful ways to make sure your body is in its best shape to score under par.
How do students improve performance and reduce risk of injury?
- The golf swing is highly explosive exercise that can often only be repeated with the swing itself.
- Flexibility is a key component for golfers to reduce injury. A full body flexibility program should be initiated to enhance lower body, torso, and upper body range of motion.
- Core strength and proprioceptive activity is an absolute necessity to help improve a balanced and strong swing with good torso rotation.
- The Sprains and Strains of Sporting Injuries
- How to Help Your Kids Beat the Heat
- Fueling Your Sport Event
Ohio High School Athletic Association Information
Each month, these experts deliver the latest news right to your inbox. It’s all designed to keep your serious athlete strong, healthy and in the game. Inside each e-newsletter, you’ll find seasonal sports health tips,injury prevention resources, videos, recipes and more!