Sports Medicine Services
With a focus on prevention, Nationwide Children’s Sports Medicine works with sports programs to decrease the number of injuries that occur. If an injury does occur, the clinical staff works with the patient, family, athletic trainer, coach and primary care physician to assist in the recovery of the injury by developing a treatment plan and recommending future sports activities. The program is designed to be a resource for all the athlete’s health care needs within Children’s Hospital.
- Diagnosis and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries
- Treatment plan development
- Coordination of care with patient's primary care physician
- Coordination of care with other Nationwide Children's Hospital services
- Educational resources and training to coaches, athletic trainers, and parents/families
Online Scheduling: Sports Medicine offers online scheduling for new injuries and concussion evaluations. Use our online scheduling tool to find the location, physician, date and time that works best for your athlete, or call (614) 355-6000 to schedule.