Nationwide Children's Sports Medicine is hosting a workshop designed for high school students interested in emergency medicine, nursing, athletic training, physical therapy or other allied health and medical professions. No experience is necessary.
The Certified Athletic Trainer is an allied health care professional that is certified by the Board of Certification (BOC). Athletic Trainers serve as a liaison to the athlete, coach, physician and other members of the healthcare team.
The Athletic Training Workshop will be held in Westerville at the Nationwide Children’s Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center and Otterbein University. Participants will also have the option of becoming certified in CPR. (CPR certification requires that students stay until 3 p.m. on June 6.)
Workshop topics include:
- Introduction to the field of athletic training
- Enhancing knowledge of common athletic injuries and management
- Functional rehab activities
- Hands-on taping labs with lecture sessions
Date and Time:
- June 5-6: 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- June 7: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (lunch provided)
- $110 (additional $5 if taking CPR)
Registration opens 8 a.m. Jan. 21, 2019 and closes at midnight June 1, 2019.