Looking to work in pediatrics? Nationwide Children’s is currently hiring Registered Respiratory Therapists for positions in various areas of pediatric care. New graduates are encouraged to apply. Interviews are being offered to current students with pending graduation dates.
Nationwide Children’s is America’s largest children’s hospital, delivering care to more than 1 million patients per year. Join our team of 200+ Respiratory Therapists in one of the following units:
- NICU: The largest neonatal network in the U.S. 114-bed unit, expanding to 130 beds. The NICU unit specializes in care for patients who are extremely premature to 2 years old. Respiratory Therapists working on this unit have a strong focus on treating neurodevelopmental disorders and chronic bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD).
- Pulmonary: 24-bed unit. The pulmonary unit specializes in the care of cystic fibrosis, asthma and tracheostomy patients, ages newborn to adult. A solid focus on patient assessment, medication delivery, chest physiotherapy and x-ray interpretation is the foundation of the respiratory therapist that works on the pulmonary unit.
- PICU: Two units totaling 51 beds. H2 PICU sees acutely ill patients including traumas, burns, respiratory, surgical, hematology/oncology and neurology. H8 PICU provides multidisciplinary care for critically ill infants, children and adolescents. Patient conditions include respiratory viruses, severe infections, drug overdose, extensive surgeries, congenital abnormities, diabetic ketoacidosis and trauma.
- CTICU: 20-bed ICU and 24-bed step down unit. This unit specializes in pre and post-operative cardiac care for patients, ranging from neonates to adults, whose respiratory difficulties can be multi-faceted. Patient conditions include congenital heart defects to lung and heart transplants.
- Respiratory Care CORE: Respiratory Therapists on this team provide care on different areas and floors including but not limited to the ED, Cath lab, PACU, outpatient surgery, inpatient rehab and float to all of the ICUs in the hospital. They specialize in care for patients in a wide range of acuity, including high acuity critical care patients in our Level 1 trauma center in the Emergency Department, and asthma/respiratory and surgical patients.
Additional Opportunities Include:
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) experience in all areas
- Internal growth and advancement opportunities, including within our Critical Care Transport Program. This 24/7 specialty care team provides ground and air transports to and from Nationwide Children's. Respiratory Therapists assist in the stabilization and emergency care of the acutely ill neonate, infants, children, adolescents and adults.
- Education via lung simulator scenarios
- NBRC specialty exam reimbursement and incentive pay
- Research opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Leadership opportunities
Apply today! Email your resume to RespTherDir@NationwideChildrens.org.
To search specific job openings, visit our Careers page on a computer and click “New Applicant Search”.
Qualified applicants will be Registered Respiratory Therapists with the NBRC; have an Associate's degree from an AMA-accredited Respiratory Therapy program; must have current BLS/CPR certification; and current Ohio licensure or have the ability to obtain prior to hire. Employees hired in the NICU unit must obtain their NRP certification within the first year. All other units require PALS certification to be obtained within the first year.
Nationwide Children’s offers a collaborative and fast-paced work environment with competitive pay, benefits and career advancement potential. Whether you have pediatric experience or not, consider joining our team. Making a difference in the life of a child and their family is incredibly rewarding!
Contact RespTherDir@NationwideChildrens.org or call (614) 722-5154.