The primary mission of the Nephrology and Urology Research Affinity Group (NURAG) is to enhance the health of children with diseases of the kidney and urinary tract by engaging in high quality, cutting-edge translational research. NURAG is composed of medical faculty, residents and fellows comprising the Nephrology and Urology programs at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. NURAG also includes members of The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s whose research projects focus on the fields of nephrology, urology and associated disciplines.
To learn more about NURAG, visit the About NURAG page.
NURAG Research Endeavors
Active studies within the research affinity group include several NIH-funded projects, including work on the following subjects:
- Obstructive uropathy
- Megabladder mouse model
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Duplicated ureters
- Kidney aplasia
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR)
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Renal-based hypertension
- Copy number variation analysis of VUR, recurrent UTIs and congenital anomalies of the kidneys and urinary tract (CAKUT)
- Innate immunity of the urogenital tract
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
To download data from the Randomized Intervention for Children with Vesicoureteral Reflux (RIVUR) CNV study, click here.