Meet the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled as an undergraduate college student.
- You have been accepted into a CAATE accredited athletic training education program.
- Your college/university has an affiliation agreement with Nationwide Children's Hospital. Note: This can be completed once a student has been accepted as an intern.
- You must be receiving college course credit for your time here.
- Complete the Pediatric Sports Medicine Athletic Training Internship Application Form. Applications may be completed and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or can be completed neatly in blue or black ink and mailed to the address listed below. Please note that you need to use the official Adobe Acrobat Reader to submit your application. If you do not use it the submission functionality may not work correctly and we will not receive your application.
- Submit a cover letter and resume with three (3) references.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One letter must be from your program director or clinical coordinator.
- The letters of recommendation can come from your three references.
- Letters must be on official letterhead, in a signed and sealed envelope.
Submitting Your Application Materials
- Submit all completed forms, resume, and cover letters to Nationwide Children’s Hospital Sports Medicine Department via email, fax, or mail.
- Letters of recommendation must be mailed.
- Application Deadlines:
- 11/1 for Spring Semester (anticipate start in early January)
- 3/1 for Summer (anticipate start in late May)
- 6/30 for Fall Semester (anticipate start in late August)
Nationwide Children's Hospital Sports Medicine
Athletic Training Internship
584 County Line Road West
Westerville, OH 43082
Fax: 614-355-6072 Attn: Athletic Training Internship
The selection of students for the Pediatric Sports Medicine Athletic Training Internship is based on qualifications and experience, as well as clinic availability. All selected students will be contacted by a Certified Athletic Trainer from the department.
For questions or concerns about the Pediatric Sports Medicine Athletic Training Internship, please contact Meredith Dotson at (614) 355-6049 or Ashley Minnick at (614)-355-6052, or send an email to email@example.com.