PurposeThe Center for Injury Research and Policy (CIRP) of The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital works globally to reduce injury-related pediatric death and disability. With innovative research at its core, CIRP works to continually improve scientific understanding of the epidemiology, biomechanics, prevention, acute treatment and rehabilitation of injuries. CIRP serves as a pioneer by translating cutting edge injury research into education, advocacy and advances in clinical care. To promote international cooperation in injury research and prevention, particularly in developing countries, CIRP invites selected scientists outside the United States whose work is primarily concerned with injury control and prevention to become international affiliate faculty of the Center for Injury Research and Policy.
- Possess a terminal degree (MD, DO, PhD) or the equivalent.
- Be of high ethical and moral character, and be of good standing in the professional community.
- Participate actively in research and prevention programs of injury control and trauma care. Have peer-reviewed publications in the areas of injury prevention and research and trauma care.
- Have a commitment to the mission and objectives of CIRP and to advancing its reputation around the world.
- Have a commitment to collaborate with researchers at CIRP in injury and trauma care research and publications.
- Be competent in writing and speaking English.
Nomination and Appointment Procedures
Scientists outside the United States whose work is primarily concerned with injury research, injury prevention programs, and trauma care may contact the Center Director or Director for International Programs of CIRP regarding their interest in an appointment as an international affiliate faculty. The directors will consult with the faculty of CIRP before approving such status.
Successful candidates will receive a letter of appointment from the director of CIRP outlining the conditions and expectations of the appointment. The appointment is effective once the appointment letter is issued.
Appointment is without salary and is for a three-year term. At the beginning of the third year and with the concurrence of the faculty member, the Center Director and Director for International Programs of CIRP will consult with CIRP faculty to determine if the appointment should be renewed for another term.
The following application materials are required:
- Cover letter
- Application form for an international affiliated faculty position at the CIRP
- Copy of current curriculum vitae
Application and supporting materials should be submitted to:
Gary A. Smith, MD, DrPH
Professor of Pediatrics
The Ohio State University College of Medicine
Director, Center for Injury Research and Policy
Dimon R. McFerson Endowed Chair in Injury Research
Phone: (614) 355-5850
Huiyun Xiang, MD, MPH, PhD
Director for International Programs
Center for Injury Research and Policy
Phone: (614) 355-5850