Dr. Garg received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College and completed his residency in pediatrics at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, followed by clinical and research fellowships in pediatric cardiology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
As Director of Translational Research, Dr. Garg focuses on enhancing the partnership between clinicians and scientists in their shared quest for improving the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of pediatric cardiac and vascular disease. As a physician-scientist, Dr. Garg’s personal research focus is to elucidate the genetic contributors to congenital heart disease and to dissect the molecular pathways regulating normal cardiac development.
Madhumita received her PhD in human molecular genetics from the department of biochemistry at the University of Calcutta. She joined the lab in 2013.
Uddalak received his PhD in biochemistry and molecular biology from the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Calcutta, India in 2013. Before joining Nationwide Children's Hospital, he worked as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He joined the Garg lab in 2015.
Uddalak is working on elucidating the molecular mechanism and role of nitric oxied in regulation of Notch signaling during heart development, and how this interaction is altered in disease pathogenesis.
Genetic Counselor/Clinical Research Coordinator
Sara received her MS degree in genetic counseling from the University of Pittsburgh. Sara runs the recruitment for multiple research studies and her own research interests include perceived recurrence risk and quality of informed consent.
James received his BS in Biology from The Ohio State University in 2014. He began working at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital in 2015 and transferred into the Garg Lab in July of 2016.
Stephanie received her BS in genomics and molecular genetics and human biology. She is a student in the graduate program in the department of molecular genetics at The Ohio State University and joined the lab in 2012.
Amelia obtained her BS in Neuroscience and Behavior from Florida Atlantic University and is currently a Discovery PREP scholar at The Ohio State University. She joined the Garg Lab in August 2016.
Adrianna received her bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla. She is a graduate student in the Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology at The Ohio State University and joined the lab in 2016.
Postdoctoral Fellows and Graduate Students
- Sara Koenig, PhD: Postdoctoral Fellow, The Ohio State University
- Chetan Hans, PhD: Assistant Professor, University of Missouri
- Kevin Bosse, PhD: Scientific Writer, Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation
- Chaitali Misra, PhD: Research Scientist at The University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
- Elizabeth Bonachea, PhD: Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology) at The Ohio State University
- Sheng-Wei Chang, PhD: Postdoctoral Fellow at The Ohio State University
- Asha Acharya, PhD: Instructor in the Department of Molecular Biology at UT Southwestern
- Meenakshi Maitra, PhD: Postdoctoral Fellow at UT Southwestern
- Ashleigh Richards Payne, MD: Private practice physician in Dallas, Texas
- Nita Sachan, PhD: Senior Research Analyst at the Indian School of Business
- Caryn Rothrock, PhD: Field Scientist, Whatman-GE
- Darian Bauer: Former Research Assistant in the Garg Lab
- Nianyuan Huang: Research Associate at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Hubert Pan: Medical Student at The University of California, San Diego
- Haley Nichols: Physician Assistant Student at the University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Amanda Krysiak: Dental Student at the Baylor College of Dentistry
- Marie Schluterman: Graduate Student at UT Southwestern