Nationwide Children’s CareLink is a free, web-based application available to community providers. It offers external physicians and support staff read-only access to patient electronic medical records in real-time.
With CareLink, community providers can:
- View patient medical records and documents via the web
- See scheduled appointments and procedures ordered
- Access patient information to verify medical billing and coding
- Receive automatic receipts of patient activity at Nationwide Children’s
- Share selected patients or entire practice patient data for easy shift transitions
- Referral order entry
Other convenient CareLink features:
- Quick password protected access to patient information with login
- Patient event alerts allow providers to monitor their patient throughout the referral process, including registration, admission, orders results, discharge and more
- Record review for providers
- Community Messages, a secure, web-based tool to communicate with specialists at Nationwide Children’s regarding the care of a mutual patient
CareLink Hotline: (614) 355-3750
CareLink Log In
Please check back for future updates.
Community Messages through Epic provide a secure, web-based tool for Nationwide Children’s specialists and community physicians to communicate regarding the care of a mutual patient.
If you have an urgent patient need, please do not use CareLink Community Messages. For urgent items and informal consults, call Physician Direct Connect at (614) 355-0221 or (877) 355-0221.
Referring Providers: Contact your Physician Liaison for more information on how to use Community Messages.
Nationwide Children’s specialists: Contact the Support Center at (614) 355-3750 or SupportCenter@NationwideChildrens.org.
Departments are training to use CareLink Community Messages on a priority basis. The following departments have been educated and are ready to communicate with referring providers:
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Sports Medicine
- General Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- The Heart Center
- Hospital Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Complex Health Care Program
- Critical Care
- Hematology, Oncology & BMT
- The Center for Family Safety and Healing
- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
How do I log in?
Step 1: Open your browser (Internet Explorer or Safari)
Step 2: Navigate to carelink.nationwidechildrens.org
Step 3: Enter your username and password and click Login
How do I find my patient?
Option 1: Select the Patient List tab. Click the patient’s name to open the Clinicals tab.
Option 2: Click the Patient search button in the upper right of the screen. Click the patient’s name to open the Clinicals tab.
I can’t find my patient. What do I do?
Step 1: Click on the Patient List tab.
Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select First Access.
Step 3: Enter the search criteria, click Search, select your patient, and enter a reason for the access.
Note: This will provide you with chart access for 10 days. If you have any questions, please email the HIM Data Integrity Group.