Nationwide Children’s utilizes eClinicalWorks® (eCW) Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management system as its community-wide solution to improve continuity of care across community practices in central Ohio. eCW helps practices achieve their goal of delivering the best patient care by:
- Using industry leading technology to improve efficiency and enhance patient care
- Improving connectivity and care between multiple care settings
- Creating better outcomes for children throughout central Ohio
As a fully unified EMR/PM system, eCW has the functionality needed to support practices and enterprise groups of all sizes and specialties. eCW uses a single database to link patient demographics and medical records to insurance, billing and claims data. eCW is fully committed to working with customers to help them take advantage of the various quality initiatives available including Meaningful Use, Patient-Centered Medical Homes and Accountable Care Organization.
Hospitals and community practices provide better patient care when they share and exchange information efficiently. By incorporating the eCW eEHX suite of solutions, community pediatricians and Nationwide Children’s can improve interoperability.
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) - Features include: improved workflow through streamline unification with eCW Practice Management system; customizable features on a per provider basis; Communication features which allow Electronic prescribing as well as exchange of data between providers and hospitals; functionality needed for practices to receive Meaningful Use reimbursement.
- Practice Management - Helps practices manage appointments and schedules, streamlines medical billing and demographic data.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Meaningful Use, Adoption, Quality (MAQ) Dashboard
- Meaningful Use Stage 1
- Sending Referrals Using P2P®*
*Now accepting P2P referrals, please contact Kevin Mielke for information. This document explains how to send referrals using eClinicalWorks® P2P®. Referrals can be sent from a number of locations from within eClinicalWorks, such as the Referrals window in the patient workflow or directly from the P2P referral option under the T jelly bean.
Please provide future workshop ideas to James Ranjitsingh at James.Ranjitsingh@NationwideChildrens.org or (614) 355-3792.
- EHR Incentive Programs for Eligible Professionals: What You Need to Know for 2016 Tipsheet
- Hedis Presentation
- Importing From Portal
- eCW Client Portal
- Patient Portal Brochure
- Patient Portal Flyer
- Patient Portal Sign
- Sample Practice Consent Form
Access the workshop presentation here.