Virtual behavioral health consultation for Ohio primary care providers
Connect with Nationwide Children’s Hospital psychiatrists and a social worker through a virtual appointment to receive provider to provider consultation regarding:
- Screening, assessment, and diagnostic clarification
- Principles of medication and non-medication management to fit the specific clinical needs
- Information about available behavioral health resources and linkages in your local community
Our goal is to support primary care providers in the management of children and adolescents with behavioral health concerns in the primary care setting through educational consultation and information about resources in their communities for timely access to care.
Virtual appointments are not appropriate and should not be used for:
- Emergencies and crisis
- Expediting referral to psychiatry
- Same-day urgent assistance and acute safety
How Does it Work?
- Schedule a 15-minute appointment from Monday through Friday between noon to 2 p.m.
- Fill out a brief form included in the appointment confirmation email to provide background information and your specific questions for our team.
- Join the video conference via Zoom at your appointment time to meet with the psychiatrist and social worker.
- Receive summary of consultation and resources discussed during the appointment.