Virtual behavioral health consultation program for community-based primary care providers
Connect with Nationwide Children’s Hospital psychiatrists through a virtual appointment to receive provider-to-provider consultation regarding:
- Screening, assessment, and diagnostic clarification
- Principles of medication management to fit the specific clinical needs
- Non-medication management modalities based on diagnosis
- Information about behavioral health resources and linkages in the local communities
Our goal is to support primary care providers in the management of children and adolescents with behavioral health concerns in the primary care setting through educational consultation and information about resources in their communities for timely access to care.
Virtual appointments are not appropriate and should not be used for:
- Emergencies and crisis
- Expediting referral to psychiatry
- Same-day urgent assistance and acute safety
How Does it Work?
- Appointments are available for Ohio primary care providers.
- Schedule a 15-minute appointment from Monday through Friday between noon to 2 p.m. through Microsoft Bookings.
- Fill out a brief form included in the appointment confirmation email to provide background information and your specific questions for the psychiatrist.
- Join the video conference via Zoom at your appointment time to meet with the psychiatrist and care manager clinician.
- Receive summary of consultation and resources discussed during the appointment.