The Bariatric Surgery program at Nationwide Children's Hospital is the first and only free-standing adolescent bariatric surgery center in the U.S. to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). This recognition certifies that the highest standards of quality and safety are being met at our center.
Benefits to our patients include:
- Our facilities are 100% equipped for bariatric patients – before, during and after surgery – so there is no need to transfer our patients to other locations
- Our staff undergoes specialized training to meet the specific needs of obese patients
- Our surgeons are verified by the American College of Surgeons
- We participate in a national data registry and use its reports to identify opportunities to improve the quality of care we provide
- All of our additional departments are specialized for obese patients including: