Advances in biomedical science place extreme demands on investigators for computational technology. The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is working to meet those demands with a comprehensive array of computational services including biostatistics, epidemiologic analysis, database design and technical support.
The Computational Resources (CR) program encompasses four main areas of computational expertise:
Associate Director: Guy Brock, PhD
The Biostatistics Shared Resource (BSR) consists of two core services: the Biostatistics Core, led by Igor Dvorchik, PhD, and the Epidemiology Core, led by Mark Klebanoff, MD, MPH.
The BSR provides assistance to researchers in:
- Study design
- Data analysis
- Interpretation of statistical results
- Preparation of manuscripts and statistical parts of grants
For other services such as data entry, database design or data management services, the BSR can provide advice on how to set up simple data management systems, and provide a referral if complex data management services are needed.
Supervisor: John Burian, MS
The High Performance Computing (HPC) group provides services in the following areas:
- Sequence assembly and analysis
- Image analysis
- Analysis pipeline development
- Parallel computing
- GPU applications
- User training
Director: Yungui Huang, PhD
RISI Research & Development (formerly Research Data and Computing) provides services in the following areas:
- Electronic Data Capture
- Data validation/curation/harmonization
- Database design and management
- Research project website design/implementation
- Research application/software installations
- Streamline of research data analysis
- Distributed computing
RISI Operations (formerly Research Information Technology) provides services in the following areas:
- Technical support
- User education
- Desktop maintenance and support
- Network and infrastructure maintenance and support
- Enterprise and business applications maintenance and support
- Voice maintenance and support
- Mobile device support
- Technology governance
The role of the Research Information Solutions and Innovation (RISI) department is to provide superior technological products/applications, service and support that strengthen the ability of all RISI clients to advance bold and innovative research discoveries. The mission statement of RISI is to accelerate research through innovative IT solutions to achieve best outcomes in health care for children.
CR is devoted to providing outstanding service to investigators at Nationwide Children’s and is committed to The Research Institute’s vision of supporting cutting edge scientific research at the highest ethical standards.