It takes special expertise to understand pediatric reference ranges. It takes even greater expertise to develop them.
Medical professionals all agree that children require special care. Here at Nationwide Children's Hospital, our staff is dedicated to pediatrics and exhibits a higher level of expertise. By combining the latest technological advances with a specific pediatric focus, Nationwide Children's Laboratory Services can help you provide the highest level of care to your patients and their families.
- Extensive medical and doctoral staff to answer questions and consult regarding rare and difficult findings (Meet our Team)
- Customized pediatric reference ranges, leading to better diagnoses, treatments and outcomes.
- Micro-sampling instrumentation to allow for more accurate results on small sample volumes. View our Test Directory of more than 1,500 tests focused on the specific needs of children.
- Exceptionally trained pediatric phlebotomists who will provide special care and attention to your child at our conveniently located Laboratory Service Centers
- Weekly reports for respiratory and gastrointestinal illnesses giving insight into disease trends in the community.
- Annual Antibiograms
- Educational opportunities for Providers and Institutions
- Practice tools and other resources for health care providers (Clinical Tools)
The laboratory test directory provides you easy access to search on more than 1,500 tests that we perform. It will provide you with information regarding what type of sample needs to be collected, as well as special instructions regarding transport and special preparations for the test.