Nationwide Children’s Laboratory Services cares about your child. When giving a lab specimen, we want to help create an optimal experience in an environment that is both calm and safe as possible. Therefore, we have created a new program called The S.A.F.E. program (Safe Area for Everyone). This program is designed to create a safe and controlled environment for you and your child while visiting our sites for lab specimen collection.
The S.A.F.E. program is set up to offer your child the following benefits:
- Individual patient assessment to help develop the best approach for your child
- Special accommodations to make your child as comfortable as possible
- Pre-registration in order to decrease wait time at the laboratory site
- Quicker lab preparation process
- Scheduled clinic times for your child
- Convenient locations with alternative waiting areas- Canal Winchester, Dublin, East Broad, Hilliard, Outpatient Care Center (Main Hospital) and Westerville Close To Home Center
The S.A.F.E. program strives to offer the best possible outcomes to successfully collect lab specimens from your child, and we understand that every child is different. Please spend a few moments filling out the S.A.F.E. Patient Assessment so that we may provide the best care for your child.
For more information about the S.A.F.E. program, please email our program coordinator or call 614-722-1364.
We have created location specific Social Stories to help your child prepare and recognize the facility and lab procedure. Please feel free to review online or print off for your child prior to their appointment.