Nationwide Children’s Laboratory Services cares about your child. When giving a lab specimen, we want to help create an optimal experience in an environment that is both calm and safe as possible. With this in mind, we have created the S.A.F.E. program (Safe Area for Everyone).
The S.A.F.E. program is set up to offer your child the following benefits:
- Individual patient assessment to help develop the best approach for your child
- Special accommodations to make your child as comfortable as possible
- Pre-registration in order to decrease wait time at the laboratory site
- Quicker lab preparation process
- Scheduled appointments for your child (available Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m-3:00 p.m.)
- Convenient locations with alternative waiting areas- Canal Winchester Close to Home, Dublin Close to Home (Hospital Drive), East Broad Close to Home, Hilliard Close to Home, Orange Lab (Main Hospital) and Westerville Close To Home Center
The S.A.F.E. program strives to offer the best possible outcomes to successfully collect lab specimens from your child, and we understand that every child is different. Please spend a few moments filling out the S.A.F.E. Patient Assessment so that we may provide the best care for your child.
For more information about the S.A.F.E. program, please email our program coordinator or call 614-722-1364 and leave a voicemail.
We have created location-specific Social Stories to help your child prepare and recognize the facility and lab procedure. Please feel free to review online or print off for your child prior to their appointment.