Nationwide Children’s Hospital Homecare offers Private Duty Nursing services to central Ohio. Private Duty Nursing allows families of medically fragile children to have specially trained pediatric nurses in their homes for long shifts, every day.
Our family-centered care in the home environment is made possible by the hiring and training of highly skilled, compassionate, and professional pediatric nurses who care for these children with extended and complex medical needs.
How to Reach Us
Services are available with a referral from the patient’s physician. Regular hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Staff are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer patient/referral questions.
Call (614) 355-1100 or 800-466-2727, Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to arrange a referral by providing the following information:
- Type of insurance/payer
- Patient name, address, date of birth, diagnosis
- Physician ordering care
- Patient care/equipment/infusion need
Our specialized staff includes homecare nurses (LPNs and RNs), RN Patient Care Coordinators, and on-call clinical supervisors who are available day and night to support the unique and serious needs of our patients, families, and staff.
Who We Serve
Some of the many diagnoses and problems we support include:
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Congenital anomalies
- Neurological deficits and syndromes
- Severe developmental delays
- Ventilators, CPAP, and BiPAP care
- Respiratory therapies and treatments
- Respiratory insufficiency, BPD and chronic lung disorders
- Oxygen administration, Tracheostomy care, Pulse oximetry needs
- Enteral feeding
- Medication administration