The Nationwide Children’s / Ohio State University Pediatric Residency Program is committed to assisting residents with their post-residency career decision. We have developed a comprehensive Resident Placement Program to support Residents as they pursue community practice opportunities.
Annual Career Day
- Skill building sessions
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation
- Contract negotiation
- Onsite interviews with community practices
Identification of Community Practice Opportunities
- The Nationwide Children’s Resident Placement Program maintains a list of local and regional community physician practice opportunities.
Resume Development Support
- The Resident Placement Program will meet with the Resident 1:1 to review their resume /cover letter and will assist in the development of an effective resume.
- The Resident will have an opportunity to conduct practice interviews with tenured interview professionals. Interview tips and suggestions for maximizing the interview sessions will be addressed.
Online Resource Library
- Career development resources will be available for Residents to support the career search, interview and practice selection process.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call or email Ardee Dienst at (614) 355-0802 or Ardee.Dienst@nationwidechildrens.org.
Find a Job
All job postings both in Central Ohio and across the country can now be accessed in one central location. For more information and to view current job opportunities please visit the Nationwide Children's Hospital Physician Job Postings site.
- Understanding How You Will Be Paid - Physician Compensation Models
- Residents Guide to Writing a CV
- More CV writing tips
- Practice Alert (Physician Job Posting Website)
- Looking for a career in Primary Care?
- What to look for in an employment contract
“The Resident Placement Program made an otherwise daunting process manageable. I am truly grateful.”
– Dr. Zeinab Abdi
“I had a great experience with the Resident Placement Program. When I started looking for a job, I had NO IDEA where to start. They walked me through every step of the way and patiently answered all of my questions. They gave me specific advice for my resume and cover letter as well as questions to expect during interviews. It made the whole process so much easier and more successful!” – Dr. Danielle Wiese
“The Resident Placement Program has been extremely helpful for me in preparing for the job search. The team has been extremely informative on preparing a CV and teaching the basics of how to go about searching for career options as well as preparing for interviews. I would recommend the program to any resident whether they are interested in primary care or fellowship.” – Dr. Erin Schaffner