Pediatric Simulation Is Here!
We use Patient Simulation to develop Interdisciplinary resuscitation team skills during all PALS courses held at Nationwide Children's Hospital. The Pediatric Advanced LIfe Support (PALS) course is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
*Clicking the link above will take you to the Education Courses Portal.
Registration is available for the following courses:
- PEARS (Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization)
- HeartCode BLS
- HeartCode PALS
- ACLS 2 Day Provider Course (Nationwide Children's employees)
- ACLS Renewal Course (Nationwide Children's employees)
Blended Learning Option
AHA Blended Learning courses combine the flexibility of online training with in person skills practice and testing. Successful completion of the full PALS course (using HeartCode PALS Part 1) includes three parts:
- HeartCode® PALS Part 1 is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children. This program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support. When registering for online PALS, you will receive an email with access to Part 1.
- Parts 2 and 3 (Skills Practice and Testing) are one hands-on “skills practice and testing” session with an AHA PALS Instructor
Nationwide Children's Hospital Conference and Simulation Center
520 Butterfly Gardens Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Conference Center Room CD 2.5
Individuals without onsite assigned parking should park in the Yellow Garage ($2/exit). PALS and ACLS will take place in room CD 2.5 of the Nationwide Children's Hospital Conference and Simulation Center, located at 520 Butterfly Gardens Drive. Please email Debra Alessi or Erin Adamik with questions regarding class registration or for assistance with our location.