What to Expect
For traveling families, Nationwide Children’s Welcome Center is available to assist with any of your family's housing, transportation, and insurance needs prior to your arrival. Please let the scheduler know if you are interested in this service.
Prior to Your VisitYou will receive an automated call the day before your appointment reminding you of the date and time of your specialty appointment. The Neurosurgery Clinic is located in the Outpatient Care Center at 555 S. 18th Street. There is a parking garage located next to the clinic building that requires a fee to exit. Parking fee payment centers are located near the entrance of the Outpatient Care Center and in the parking garage.
What to Bring
- All patients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the evaluation. Guardians who are not biological parents need to present legal documentation or proof of guardianship.
- Insurance card – Co-pays will be collected if required
- Medical records from another facility including any imaging studies such as MRIs or CTs (preferably on CD-ROM), if applicable (Print Medical Records Request Form)
- List of current medications
What to Expect While You Are Here
- Please call (614) 722-2010 if you need to cancel, reschedule or if you have any questions.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before scheduled appointment time for parking and registration.
- Please be prepared with snacks or other necessities you may need for each visit. (i.e. extra diapers, formula, etc.)
- Your first visit to our clinic is for consultation only. Your child will not be receiving surgery during the initial visit. If surgery is deemed appropriate, a scheduler will work with you to schedule.
What to Expect After You Leave
- After your child's visit is completed, you will receive an After Visit Summary (AVS) outlining the reason for your visit, future appointments and a summary of your child’s medications.
- We welcome any feedback to make your experience in Neurosurgery better. Please share your thoughts with us at any time.