The Burn Program at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is one of the select programs verified by the American Burn Association and American College of Surgeons. Burn patients and their families receive the expertise and support of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary team from arrival to the hospital often into adulthood.
Our pediatric team provides current comprehensive multidisciplinary care to children with thermal injuries and cutaneous conditions, delivering collaborative burn treatment throughout the patient care continuum to optimize outcomes.
Burn Program 2017 Fast Facts
- Total Volume: 244
- Total Burn Admissions: 217
- Average Length of Stay: 4.1 days
- Burn patient in need of OR: 47
- Total number of operative procedures: 76
- Total burn clinic visits: 1608
- Total outreach burn educational offerings: 35