Our goal is to provide information about the insurance plans accepted by Nationwide Children's Hospital and our affiliated physicians.
Accepted Insurance Plans
Nationwide Children's Hospital is listed as a "preferred provider" for the managed care plans listed on our plan chart. Remember that insurance plans vary, so from time to time our list may change.
It is always a good idea to confirm coverage and restrictions with your insurance provider before scheduling visits and procedures. For example, please be aware that your health plan may require you to schedule some services (such as lab work, imaging, etc.) at select locations in their network. If you choose to receive services outside of those locations, your insurance may deny coverage, and you may be responsible for all charges provided outside your network.
- View the Health Plan Participation Chart - Nationwide Children’s Hospital and Affiliated Physician Groups
- View the Health Plan Participation Chart – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Homecare
Non-participating Insurance Plans
We recommend you confirm coverage and restrictions with your insurance provider before seeking services.
Some health insurance plans do not use a contracted network of providers or are not contracted with Nationwide Children’s Hospital. These plans are considered out of network at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Due to the structure of these benefit plans, Nationwide Children's Hospital is unable to bill the insurance on the patient’s behalf, and the patient will be responsible for total billed charges.
Here are some non-participating plans*:
- Allied Benefits System**
- Altrua Healthshare
- Apostrophe Health
- Benefit Administration Systems
- Christian Care Medi-Share
- Cypress Benefit Administrators
- Employee Benefit Management
- Enterprise Group Planning (EGP)
- Group Pension Administrators (GPA)
- Group Plan Administrators
- Health Cost Solutions
- Healthy Ohio Network
- HS Technology
- Imagine Health
- JP Farley
- Lucent Health
- Maestro Health
- Nova Healthcare Administrators
- PHCS – Private Healthcare Systems – Health Sharing Products and Professional/Ancillary Only plans
- Sure Solutions
- TrueCost (Custom Design Benefits)
*Because contracts may change on a regular basis, this list of non-participating plans may not be comprehensive and is subject to change.
**Allied Benefits System and Med Ben are non-participating plans if no other payer network is referenced on the insurance card. If the insurance card lists another payer that is in network for Nationwide Children's Hospital, the insurance may be in network.