We want our patients to be as comfortable as possible during their Rehab stay. Here is a list of items to bring with you. Please feel free to contact our Rehabilitation Coordinator if you have questions about this or any other requirements.
Items to Bring with You:
*Please put your name on all of your personal belongings.
- 4 to 5 pairs of sweatpants or shorts
- 4 to 5 t-shirts or tops
- Comfortable pajamas
- 4 to 5 undergarments (underwear, undershirts, bras, etc.)
- Tennis shoes or shoes with non-skid soles
- Light jacket, sweater or coat (depending on the season)
- Deodorant, makeup, lotion
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Glasses/contacts or both
- Brush/comb or any other hair accessories (hair dryer, curling iron, etc.)
- Favorite/special items from home (pillow, blanket, stuffed animals, etc.)
- Special equipment currently being used (braces or adaptive equipment)
The Rehabilitation Unit provides basic self-care items including soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb and lotion. However, we acknowledge that children and adolescents may prefer their own items.
Each patient room has a TV, DVD player, radio and CD player. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hospital, including patient rooms.
Patient and Family Involvement
We recognize that the parents/family are the constant in the child's life. Patients and families always come first on our Rehab Team. Patients and families are asked to identify their goals of rehab upon admission, as well as ongoing weekly goals towards discharge. Patients and families are involved in collaboration of their care and decision making throughout their rehab stay.
Visitation for parents is 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Extended family and friends are asked to visit during regular hospital visiting hours. One parent is able to sleep in the child's room. The Ronald McDonald House is located on campus and provides rooms for families.
- 12-bed medical unit within a 527 bed Level 1 Trauma facility
- Private rooms/bathroom
- Parents welcome to stay 24/7
- Pull-out couch for parent to sleep in room
- Wireless Internet access
- Small refrigerator in each room
Nationwide Children's Amenities