What to Expect Prior to Your Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology Visit
- Please call (614) 722-2250 if you need to cancel, reschedule or if you have any questions
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- All patients (under the age of 18 years) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the evaluation. Guardians, who are not biological parents, need to present legal documentation or proof of guardianship.
- Insurance card
- Co-pays will be collected, if required
- List of current medications and immunization records
What to Expect While You Are Here
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time for parking and registration
- Your daughter’s weight, height and blood pressure will be measured before being placed in an exam room
- A urine sample may be requested. Your daughter will have access to a private bathroom.
- Patients over the age of 13 will be asked to complete a confidential questionnaire. This information will allow the gynecologist to provide the best possible care to your child. The patient will be allowed to complete this questionnaire in private (with no parent or provider in attendance).
- The gynecologist will discuss review your daughter’s history and will discuss concerns.
- If an examination is required, parents or guardians may be asked to step out of the exam room if the patient prefers to have the exam performed in private. After the examination, the gynecologist will discuss care recommendations with you and your daughter.
Note: We encourage our patients to have open communication with their parents/guardians. However, in order to ensure all of our patient’s health care needs are being met, we provide patients with an opportunity to discuss their concerns in private and use this time to provide education and guidance on these issues or concerns.