2018 Health Sciences Technology Showcase
Save the Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
1-4PM | Reception 4-5PM
1275 Kinnear Rd.
Columbus, OH 43212
Click here to RSVP
(Please RSVP by March 1, 2018)
Presented by Nationwide Children's Hospital
Nationwide Children's Hospital invites you to the Annual Health Sciences Technology Showcase, featuring inventors from our institution who will be presenting on solutions to leading issues within the healthcare industry. A reception and networking will follow the presentations. Gather with other bioscience entrepreneurs and professionals to learn about the latest technologies and startups for improving child health.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Brian Kaspar, PhD
"The Making of AveXis: Biotech Inventions, Clinical Trials and IPO; A Deep Dive with Scientific Founder and CSO, Brian Kaspar"
Dr. Kaspar is currently Scientific Founder and Chief Scientific Officer at AveXis, Inc., a clinical-stage gene therapy company focused on the treatment of neurological diseases. He is a recent professor of Pediatrics at The Ohio State University and principal investigator at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. His work on gene therapy for spinal muscular atrophy was Science’s People’s Choice Award for 2017 Breakthrough of the Year. Dr. Kaspar was the recipient of Columbus Business First’s 2017 BizTech Award for Inventor of the Year. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (FAAAS) and is a co-founder of several biotech companies, including Milo Biotechnology and AveXis.
- 1- 4 pm: Presentations
- 4 - 5 pm: Networking reception with food and beer/wine
- “A Multi-Test, Painless Allergy Skin Testing Device ‘PS Rocker’” Amber Patterson, MD, ENT & Allergy Specialists of Northwest Ohio, and Meagan Shepherd, MD, Marshall University Department of Pediatrics
- “AAV-Mediated Exon Skipping as a Therapy for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy” Kevin Flanigan, MD, Director, Center for Gene Therapy, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- “Monitoring Patient Safety on Inpatient Psychiatry Units” Rejeev Krishna, MD, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- “Scioto Biosciences, Inc. – Developing a Novel Formulation Platform for Microbiome Therapy” Joe Trebley, PhD, Founder/CEO, and Jim Schulz, CPA, Founder/CFO, Scioto Biosciences, Inc.
- “Dino Egg: Improving Neurodevelopment in the Hospitalized Preterm Baby” Dean Koch, CEO, Thrive Neuromedical
- “LittleSeed and VoxelBay: Delivering Clinically-Driven, Evidence-Based Fun to Reduce Patient and Caregiver Anxiety, Limit Reliance on Sedation, and Improve Patient Outcomes” Jeff Penka, Founder/CEO, LittleSeed