Lawyers for Kids
Are you a Nationwide Children’s patient who needs legal help? Ask your provider to refer you to us. We have an attorney here for you.
If you or your child are currently a Nationwide Children’s Hospital patient, we might be able to provide free legal help through Lawyers for Kids (LFK). Have your provider refer you to us.
Patients can meet with LFK attorneys to receive free and confidential legal help on issues affecting their health and well-being, including:
- Benefits: Medicaid, food stamps, OWF, SSI/SSD, child care, unemployment
- Housing: bugs, mold, lead, broken appliances, electrical/plumbing/heating/water, eviction, foreclosure
- Family issues: divorce, child support, custody, domestic violence
- Debt: bankruptcy, collections, tax or IRS notices
- Education: suspension/expulsion, truancy, special education rights, IEP
- Legal Barriers: preventing employment and/or housing, expungements
Please speak to your doctor, nurse or social worker for more information. Our services are only for Nationwide Children’s patients who are referred by their health care provider.