Home-Based Palliative Care
Home-Based Palliative Care is an extension of our Homecare Program. It's designed for families whose children are facing a life-limiting condition and who are seeking additional support and care management from the comfort of home.
Our family-centered approach focuses on relieving pain and managing symptoms. We aim to enhance the quality of life for the child and his/her family. We partner with you and your child’s existing health care team to provide the best possible care.
- Return each child to the most normal, pain-free life possible
- Affirm the dignity of life
- The quality of life is not determined by the quantity of one’s days but by the way in which those days are lived
- We have opportunities to enrich each day—physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually
The Care Team
- Medical Director: Guides the team, consults with the child’s primary physician, assists with medical and ethical issues.
- Nurses: Assist with pain control, symptom management and quality of life.
- Social Workers: Provide counseling, family support and community referrals.
- Chaplain: Provides spiritual counseling and emotional support.
Massage Therapy: Provide comfort and relaxation to patients through massage.
Child Life Specialist: Provides support to patients and siblings with an age-specific approach.
Music Therapist: Provides musical memory making, expression, and entertainment in collaboration with patients and their families.
Steven M. Smith, MD
Medical Director, Hospice & Palliative Care
Laura Rozcicha, MSW, LISW-S
Manager, Hospice & Palliative Care
If you have questions about a referral, please call (614) 355-1100 or (800) 466-2727.