The Center for Colorectal and Pelvic Reconstruction (CCPR) is a comprehensive collaborative clinic. We offer specialists from many different disciplines who will work together as a team to treat your child. Our team will assist you with any of your family's medical questions, housing, transportation, insurance, or scheduling needs.
What to Expect Prior to Your Visit
- Immediate contact from our Intake Specialists to gather demographic information and get your child’s electronic medical record started.
- Comprehensive review of your insurance coverage
- This includes insurance counseling and guidance on getting your visit to CCPR covered.
- Communication from our expert nurse clinicians to discuss your child’s previous and current medical and surgical history.
- Review of this information with our collaborative, multidisciplinary team
- Direct call or telemedicine visit with one of our surgeons in certain circumstances.
- Prompt scheduling of your child’s unique care plan for their first visit
- This includes a detailed itinerary of appointments, as well as any preparations needed for appointments or testing.
What to Bring to Your Visit
- All patients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the evaluation. Guardians who are not biological parents need to present legal documentation or proof of guardianship.
- Insurance card – co-pays will be collected if required
- List of current medications
- Snacks, water, extra diapers!
- CCPR visits can sometimes be longer wait times due to being seen by multiple providers in the same clinic space.
- Please come prepared with extra care items for your child’s individual needs
What to Expect While You Are Here
- Please call (614) 722-4086 if you need to cancel, reschedule, or if you have any questions.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before each of your scheduled appointment times for parking and registration. Often you may need to go to radiology prior to your clinic visit so please check your itinerary carefully.
- Based on how many providers your child needs to see, your visit may occur over one to five days. We will work to help coordinate any housing and transportation needs during your stay
What to Expect After You Leave
- After your child's visit is completed, you will receive instructions for follow up care and future appointments/instructions. In some cases, surgery and/or other exams will have been scheduled when the clinic appointment is made. Follow up for these will be given at time of service.
- We welcome any feedback to make your experience at CCPR better, please share with us your thoughts at any time.
- The team can be reached at CCPR@NationwideChildrens.org or (614) 722-4086