SALT LAKE CITY [February 28, 2017] – To shine a light on the importance of children’s hospitals and how donations help kids get the best care when they need it, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMN Hospitals) is announcing the first #ChildrensHospitalsWeek, scheduled for March 20-27.
The following activities encourage support for local children’s hospitals March 20-27:
- Participate in the “My Miracle Child” bandage campaign on social media: Sport a bandage and write on it the name of a child who has benefitted from a children’s hospital, take a photo and share it with #ChildrensHospitalsWeek.
- Celebrate Free Cone Day at Dairy Queen on Monday, March 20: Fans can receive a free, small soft serve cone at participating locations nationwide. Some locations will use this high-traffic day to raise critical funds for the local children’s hospital by accepting donations. DQ® stores raised over $250,000 on Free Cone Day in 2016 alone and have raised more than $120 million for CMN Hospitals.
- Tune in to a Facebook Live-athon hosted by Nick Cannon on Friday, March 24, at 10 a.m. (EST): The exciting, two-hour live event will feature appearances by Miss America 2017 Savvy Shields, legendary NFL quarterback Steve Young, singer Alli Simpson and a “Champion” child from every state and Canada, similar to CMN Hospitals’ trademark telethons. Catch the action at Facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
- Donate to the local CMN Hospital at Rite Aid: make a $1 donation at the register thru May 6. Over the last 20 years, Rite Aid has raised more than $81 million for the charity.
- Join the Twitch stream for Extra Life United from Thursday, March 23 – Saturday, March 25: Extra Life United is a gaming tournament where attendees experience the mission of CMN Hospitals, connect with other Extra Lifers from around the world, and compete in a gaming tournament to unlock a prize pool of at least $150,000 in funds for their local CMN Hospitals. The event will be broadcast live on Twitch. The Extra Life program has raised more than $30 million for CMN Hospitals since 2008.
- Tune in for the Ace Hardware Celebrity Golf Shootout on Monday, March 27, at 5 p.m. (EST) on Golf Channel: A field of eight athletes competed in a series of golf challenges in early February 2017 in Hawaii. This year’s Ace Shootout raised more than $2 million for CMN Hospitals. Now celebrating its 20th anniversary, the Ace Hardware Celebrity Golf Shootout has raised more than $20 million for kids treated at member CMN Hospitals.
#ChildrensHospitalsWeek will coincide with CMN Hospitals’ annual “Momentum” event, a gathering of 62 Champion kids from each state and Canada, along with CMN Hospitals’ hospital, corporate, radio and television partners near Orlando, Fla.
The Champions program began in 1996, and is comprised of extraordinary children representing the 10 million children treated at member CMN Hospitals annually. Their inspiring stories demonstrate both the advances made in child healthcare and the strength of the human spirit in the face of illness or injury. The Champions program is presented by Delta Air Lines, Marriott International, Chico’s FAS, Inc. and Ace Hardware. These partners support travel arrangements and special ambassador experiences for Champions and their families.
“By establishing #ChildrensHospitalsWeek in 2017, we’re taking the opportunity to honor not only our Champions and partners, but also the hundreds of children’s hospitals across the U.S. and Canada who impact the lives of millions of children annually,” said John Lauck, president and CEO of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. “We’re reminded daily of the fact that contributions of all sizes add up to provide critical funding for pediatric medical equipment, services, research and charitable care, and that community donations are vital for local kids in need.”
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals treat 62 kids every minute. To make a donation to your local children’s hospital, click here
in the U.S. and here
Additional announcements related to #ChildrensHospitalsWeek will be made in the upcoming weeks, so please refer back to the event page
and the CMN Hospitals newsroom
About Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® raises funds and awareness for 170 member hospitals that provide 32 million treatments each year to kids across the U.S. and Canada. Donations stay local to fund critical treatments and healthcare services, pediatric medical equipment and charitable care. Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $5 billion, most of it $1 at a time through the charity’s Miracle Balloon icon. Its various fundraising partners and programs support the nonprofit’s mission to save and improve the lives of as many children as possible. Find out why children’s hospitals need community support, identify your member hospital and learn how you can Put Your Money Where the Miracles Are, at CMNHospitals.org and facebook.com/CMNHospitals.
International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. Through its subsidiaries, IDQ develops, licenses and services a system of more than 6,700 locations in the United States, Canada and more than 25 other countries. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire. For more information visit DairyQueen.com.
About Rite Aid
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains with nearly 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2016 annual revenues of $30.7 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company’s website at www.riteaid.com
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2016, Ace ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Ten Years in a Row,” according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,900 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers’ stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit acehardware.com or visit our newsroom at newsroom.acehardware.com
About Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines serves more than 180 million customers each year. In 2017, Delta was named to Fortune’s top 50 Most Admired Companies in addition to being named the most admired airline for the sixth time in seven years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No.1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for an unprecedented six consecutive years. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to 323 destinations in 57 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs more than 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 800 aircraft. The airline is a founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance and participates in the industry’s leading transatlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia as well as a joint venture with Virgin Atlantic. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 15,000 daily flights, with key hubs and markets including Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK and LaGuardia, London-Heathrow, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City, Seattle and Tokyo-Narita. Delta has invested billions of dollars in airport facilities, global products and services, and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Additional information is available on the Delta News Hub, as well as delta.com
, Twitter @DeltaNewsHub, Google.com/+Delta
, and Facebook.com/delta
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is the world’s largest hotel company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with over 6,000 properties in more than 120 countries. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts. The company’s 30 leading brands include: Bulgari®, The Ritz-Carlton® and The Ritz-Carlton Reserve®, St. Regis®, W®, EDITION®, JW Marriott®, The Luxury Collection®, Marriott Hotels®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Renaissance® Hotels, Sheraton®, Delta Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Tribute Portfolio™, Design Hotels™, Gaylord Hotels®, Courtyard®, Four Points® by Sheraton, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, Residence Inn®, TownePlace Suites®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Aloft®, Element®, Moxy® Hotels, and Protea Hotels by Marriott®. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com and @MarriottIntl.
About Chico’s FAS, Inc.
The Company, through its brands, Chico’s, White House Black Market and Soma, is a women’s specialty retailer of private branded, sophisticated, casual-to-dressy clothing, intimates, complementary accessories, and other non-clothing gift items. Chico’s FAS, Inc. currently operates more than 1,500 boutiques and outlets across North America, Puerto Rico and the U.S Virgin Islands. Each brand publishes a monthly catalog and offers online shopping at www.chicos.com