In 2011, Nationwide Children’s Hospital was awarded several web awards in a variety of categories including overall website, blogs and social media channels. The website, www.NationwideChildrens.org, was redesigned in 2011 to reflect a new look and enhanced social media integration.
The hospital’s website received the following award recognitions:
- Silver Award for “Best Web 2.0 Website” (rich media and social networking) – Presented by eHealthcare, this award is part of their Leadership Awards which recognizes the best websites and digital communications of healthcare organizations, online health companies, pharmaceutical firms and business improvement initiatives.
- Bronze Award for “Best Redesigned Website” – Presented by Greystone.Net and Krames StayWell, this award is part of their Best-in-Class Website Awards which recognizes the finest in hospital and healthcare website design, content, functionality and strategic thinking.
- “Healthcare Provider Standard of Excellence” – Presented by the Web Marketing Association, this award is part of their WebAwards which recognizes people and organizations that create the most effective and best Internet marketing and website development.
- The Nationwide Children’s website also received several awards from the Summer/Fall 2011 Web Health Awards. These awards recognize high-quality health information including websites, blogs, e-newsletters, mobile and more.
- Gold Award for “PediaCast,” a pediatric podcast for parents www.PediaCast.org.
- Silver Award for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Facebook Page www.facebook.com/NationwideChildrensHospital.
- Bronze Award for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital website www.NationwideChildrens.org.
- Merit Award for “Children’s on Quality” blog www.ChildrensOnQuality.com.
Top redesign priorities were page optimization to better promote content for Nationwide Children’s audience and embedding social media throughout the website. The website’s new elements include YouTube videos, Flickr slideshows, Google Maps and RSS feeds. These new elements, in addition to enhanced site usability with search-friendly URLs, help visitors find what they need and enable the team to continue interacting with its users.