Rajesh Krishnamurthy, MD, is Chief of the Department of Radiology at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and the director of the Pediatric Advanced Imaging Resource (PAIR), which aims to integrate the advanced image generation and analysis needs across the clinical and research enterprise.
He previously served as a Radiologist and Director of Research for the Department of Radiology at Texas Children’s Hospital, where he also served as Director of Cardiovascular Imaging. He also was Professor of both Radiology and Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine. Prior to Texas Children’s, he was a Chief Fellow of Radiology at Boston Children’s, and also served in staff radiologist positions at both Boston Children’s and Brigham and Women’s Hospital. Dr. Krishnamurthy has served on numerous editorial board and national committees, including serving as Chairman of the Pediatric Scientific Program Committee of the Radiological Society of North America from 2012 to 2015.
Dr. Krishnamurthy lectures nationally and internationally on pediatric cardiovascular and body MRI, and pediatric CT. He is fellowship trained in nuclear medicine, pediatric radiology and pediatric cardiovascular imaging.
His interests include adaptation of MR sequences for free-breathing acquisition in sedated children, low radiation dose volumetric CT for pediatric applications, assessment of end-organ injury to the cardiovascular system from systemic diseases in children, contrast enhanced MR angiography, 3D image post-processing, and assessment of the value of imaging in pediatric disease.
- John Kirkpatrick Young Investigator Award for Best Clinical Science Research, Society of Pediatric Radiology, 2012
- Research Mentor Award, Texas Children’s Hospital, 2010
- John Caffey Award for Best Clinical Science Research, Society of Pediatric Radiology, 2004
- Neuhauser Traveling Fellowship, Boston Children’s Hospital to the European Society of Pediatric Radiology, 2003
- Cum Laude Award, 87th meeting of the Radiological Society of North America at Chicago, 2001
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award, Radiological Society of North America, 1998
- Radiological Society of North America, Eyler Fellowship in Radiology Journalism, 2015 - 2016
- Chairman, Pediatric Scientific Program Committee, Radiological Society of North America, 2015 - 2016
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 10/28/2016
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Pediatric Radiology
|Fellowship||Children's Hospital of Boston||Date Completed: 06/30/2003|
|Fellowship||Yale New Haven Children's Hospital||Date Completed: 06/30/1997|
|Residency||University of Texas Health Science Center||Date Completed: 06/30/2001|
|Internship||Yale New Haven Children's Hospital||Date Completed: 06/30/1996|
|Medical School||Stanley Medical College||Date Completed: 03/30/1993|