Canice E. Crerand, PhD, is a principal investigator in the Center for Biobehavioral Health at Nationwide Children's Hospital and and an assistant professor of pediatrics at The Ohio State University. As a clinical psychologist, she works with team members and patients in the Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, providing psychological assessment and treatment of patients with cleft lip and palate, craniofacial conditions and other congenital and acquired body conditions that result in appearance differences.
Prior to joining Nationwide Children's, Dr. Crerand served as a psychologist in Division of Plastic Surgery at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and as an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Crerand received her bachelor's degree in psychology from The Ohio State University, her master's degree in clinical psychology from MCP-Hahnemann University, and her doctorate in clinical psychology from Drexel University. She also completed an American Psychological Association (APA) Accredited Pre-doctoral Internship at the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System. She is a member of the APA, APA Division 54 - Society of Pediatric Psychology, the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, the American Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Association and a founding member of the APA Division 54 Craniofacial Special Interest Group.
- B.S. Awarded Summa Cum Laude, The Ohio State University, 1996
- In the Know Scholarship, 1992
- University Scholarship, 1992
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Epsilon Chapter, 1996 - Present
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1995 - Present
- Member, Alpha Lambda Delta/Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, 1993 - Present
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member, APA Division 54 – Society of Pediatric Psychology
- Founding Member, APA Division 54 Craniofacial Special Interest Group
- Member, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Member, American Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Association
- Member, Data Standards Committee, American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Member, Research Grants Committee, Cleft Palate Foundation
- Member, Americleft Psychology and Social Work Committee