PREP Agency Partner Resources
The PREP team at Nationwide Children’s Hospital strives to provide our agency partners with the resources they need. Whether you’re seeking materials to host a PREP Youth Workshop or a great guest speaker for an upcoming event, our resource request form can connect you with what you need.
PREP Youth Workshops for youth aged 14-21 that are involved in the juvenile justice or foster care systems aide youth in successfully transitioning into adulthood.
Agencies that participate in PREP receive free training for agency staff, youth workbooks, participation incentives for youth and instructors, technical support and more.
Professional Development Workshops for foster care providers, juvenile justice staff and key stakeholders are designed to help move your career forward.
PREP can coordinate professional development workshops for partner agencies on request as well as connect you with a bureau of qualified speakers organized by topic of interest.
Parent Engagement Workshops bring parents and caregivers together to discuss important topics that directly impact teens. Free tools and resources are provided to help caregivers navigate parenting challenges.
PREP can coordinate Parent Engagement Workshops on request, including providing a curriculum, workshop facilitators and other resources.
PREP agency partners can request to rent Wi-Fi hotspots and other technological equipment as needed.
The following agencies and programs offer a variety of services and resources that you may find useful when conducting PREP youth workshops or need to refer a youth for further services.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital Resources
- Adolescent Medicine: Board-certified physicians and advanced practice nurses provide high quality primary care and specialized services for eating disorders, substance abuse, pediatric and adolescent gynecology, teen prenatal care and more for adolescents and young adults ages 11 to 21.
- Behavioral Health: Big Lots Behavioral Health Services at Nationwide Children's Hospital offers a wide range of services to address the needs of emotional, behavioral or developmental problems in adolescent patients and their families.
- Young Women's Contraceptive Services Program (BC4Teens): BC4Teens offers comprehensive, outpatient contraceptive services for adolescent girls and young women. The program provides a full spectrum of family planning services, including contraception counseling and access to a wide range of contraceptives provided to patients in a teen-friendly environment. They also test and treat sexually transmitted infections.
- HIV Program: The Family AIDS Clinic and Education Services (FACES) program at Nationwide Children's Hospital is central Ohio’s primary HIV clinic, providing quality medical and psychosocial care to our diverse patients and through community prevention outreach.
Ohio Department of Health Resources
- Ohio Department of Health PREP Program: The Ohio Department of Health, in partnership with the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and the Ohio Department of Youth Services, participates in implementing PREP throughout the state of Ohio.
- Ohio Department of Health HIV Surveillance: View HIV/AIDS data and statistics.
- Ohio Human Trafficking Task Force: The task force was formed to marshal the resources of the State of Ohio to coordinate efforts to identify and rescue victims, create a coordinated law enforcement system to investigate and prosecute human trafficking crimes, and to provide the services and treatment necessary for victims to regain control of their lives.
Department of Youth Services Resources
- Department of Youth Services: The Ohio Department of Youth Services (DYS) is the juvenile corrections system for the state of Ohio. DYS touches the lives of thousands of youth in Ohio. Beyond youth in DYS facilities and those on parole, DYS funds and supports 664 community programs throughout the state offering more than 88,000 youth (based on annual program admissions) opportunities and services to encourage positive change.