Sports Medicine Information for Healthcare Providers
Age-appropriate care is essential for young athletes to return and perform at their highest level. This includes early recognition and early treatment to prevent recurring injuries. Nationwide Children's Hospital Sports Medicine works closely with families, coaches, and you, the health care professional.
Please use this Health Care Providers section of our website for quick reference to injuries and illnesses that occur to those growing athletes that you may encounter in your practice and at your job setting. Feel free to print and distribute these educational resources to those athletes and families, who are seeking your council.
Sports Medicine Articles
- Why Does My Knee Hurt?
- Swelling: The Body's Reaction to Injury
- Concussions in Sports
- Swimming with a SICK Scapula (Shoulder Blade)
- Allowing Youth Sports to be Child's Play
View our entire Sports Medicine library containing over 50 articles.
- An Educator's Guide to Concussions in the Classroom
- A Coach's Guide to Concussions
- An Athlete’s Guide to Concussions
- A Parent’s Guide to Concussions
- A School Administrator’s Guide to Academic Concussion Management
- Concussion Symptom Log
- Concussion Clinic FAQs for Primary Care Physicians
For maps and directions, click the links below.
- Canal Winchester Close To Home Center
- Dublin Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center
- East Columbus Close To Home Center
- Hilliard Close To Home Center
- Marysville Close To Home Center
- Orthopedic Center (Downtown)
- Philip Heit Center for Healthy New Albany
- Westerville Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center