One to seven days before the procedure or surgery at the Westerville Surgery Center, a nurse will call you. You may get more than one call. If you have not been contacted by 4 p.m. the day before the procedure or surgery, call (614) 355-6100.
During the call, the nurse will get a health history and discuss the following information:
- Current health status – recent or current sickness, like a cough, cold, fever or rash.
- Arrival time – this is usually 2 hours before the surgery or procedure, depending on the location
- Questions about parking and directions
- How long you should plan on staying at the hospital or procedure or surgery center
- Eating or drinking restrictions
- If you do not follow the eating and drinking instructions, the procedure or surgery may need to be canceled and rescheduled for another day.