Taking a mild bleach bath can help stop skin infections and help prevent severe eczema flares. Bleach baths help the skin heal and can reduce the need for antibiotic pills and skin creams. Bleach baths are usually well tolerated by children.
Taking a bleach bath is easy. Here are some instructions:
- Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water to the depth you like.
- Pour in liquid bleach. The bathroom should smell like a swimming pool.
- 1 capful of bleach for one quarter tubful of water
- ¼ cup of bleach for a one half tubful of water
- ½ cup of bleach for a full tub of water
- Soak in the bath for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat the bleach bath 2 to 3 times each week or as your healthcare provider says.
- Do not use undiluted bleach directly on your skin