During Your Visit
Our staff is committed to provide the best possible care for children with cleft lip and palate. Specialists from many different disciplines work together as a team to treat your child’s condition. Some of the specialists include a plastic surgeon, oral surgeon, orthodontist, otolaryngologist (ENT), speech therapist, nurse practitioner, audiologist, geneticist, and psychologist.
All patients must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the initial evaluation. Guardians who are not biological parents need to present legal documentation or proof of guardianship.
What to bring
- Insurance card – Co-pays will be collected if required
- Medical records from another facility if applicable
- Completed forms you receive in your packet
- A copy of your child’s IEP and any recent speech therapy progress reports, if applicable
What to expect
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time for parking and registration.
- Based on how many providers your child needs to see, your visit may take 2 to 4 hours.
- Please be prepared with snacks or other necessities you may need. (i.e. extra diapers, formula, etc.)
- Please call (614) 722-6299 if you need to cancel, reschedule or if you have any questions.
The Cleft Lip and Palate Center is located in the Main Hospital at 700 Children's Drive. Park in the underground Hospital Parking Garage directly across from the hospital main entrance. The Parking Garage does require a fee to exit. Parking fee payment centers are located in the parking garage. Please check-in at Crossroads registration. After registration you will take the Tower Elevators to the 5th Floor. The Cleft/Craniofacial Clinic and Orthodontic Treatment Program are in Suites T5D and T5E.