Anesthesiology Current IRB Approved Studies in Progress
Regional Anesthesia/Pain Management
- Randomized controlled study of rectus sheath, caudal or local infiltration for patients undergoing umbilical hernia repair.
- Randomized controlled study of Transversus Abdominis Plane (TAP) block versus local infiltration for patients undergoing laparoscopic appendectomy.
- Caudal epidural block following hip surgery in adolescents.
- Neonatal regional anesthesia: A survey of the Pediatric Regional Anesthesia Network (PRAN)
- Infusion characteristics of home infusion devices with excessive volume or change in position of reservoir.
- Prospective randomized controlled study of intravenous acetaminophen versus placebo for pediatric patients undergoing tonsillectomy.
- Prospective randomized controlled study of intravenous acetaminophen versus placebo for pediatric patients undergoing palatoplasty
- The use of total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA) versus volatile agents in patients undergoing posterior spinal fusion.
- The use of Clevidipine for controlled hypotension for patients undergoing posterior spinal fusion.
- Analysis of antibiotic choice in penicillin allergic pediatric patients.
- Use of end-tidal CO2 monitoring during intrahospital transport for pediatric cardiac patients.
- Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) correlation with jugular bulb saturation in pediatric cardiac patients.
- The use of LiDCO-Rapid: non-invasive hymodynamic monitoring during OR phlebotomy.
- The use/validity of CNAP as a monitor for continuous non-invasive blood pressure for obese patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
- Extubation following tonsillectomy in the OR vs PACU
- Endotracheal intubation with and without neuromuscular blockade.
- Study on intracuff pressure changes over time during prolonged surgery
- Outcome of OSA patients following tonsillectomy
- Predictive efficacy of the preoperative survey in OSA patients