Pinewood Derby event with Nationwide Children’s Hospital patients and NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers; media availability to follow the racing action
- Austin Dillon, driver of the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing. Dillon is currently fourth in the series standings.
- Brian Scott, driver of the No. 2 Shore Lodge Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing. Scott has seven top-10 finishes in 12 races this season.
- Max Papis, driver of the No. 33 Chevrolet for Richard Childress Racing. Papis will be making his third series start in 2013 at Mid-Ohio.
- Dr. Steve Allen, Nationwide Children’s Hospital CEO
- Craig Rust, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course President
Wednesday, June 19 at 2 p.m.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
700 Children’s Drive
*Parking for media representatives is available in the parking lot on the west side of Parsons Avenue, between the Orthopedic Center at 479 Parsons Avenue and Research Building III. Turn west onto Children’s Crossroads from Parsons Ave., and then turn right into the parking lot. Park in the spots closest to Parson’s Avenue. From there, walk across Parsons Ave. to the main entrance of the new hospital where a media rep will meet you at the Welcome Desk and escort you to the event location.
Dillon career highlights:
- Finished 3rd in NASCAR Nationwide Series with two wins, three poles and 27 Top 10s in 2012
- In 2011, became the youngest NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion in series history
Scott career highlights:
- 28 Top Ten Finishes in NASCAR Nationwide Series career
- Runner-up for rookie of the year in the 2010 season
Papis career highlights:
- Has raced F1, Champ Car, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and NASCAR Sprint Cup
- 3 Top Ten finishes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series
Jesse Ghiorzi, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course; 513.461.1514, email@example.com
Mary Ellen Peacock, Nationwide Children’s Hospital; 614.937.7316, firstname.lastname@example.org