At Nationwide Children’s Hospital, we respect and protect the privacy of our patients. This privacy statement is designed to inform prospective patients about how Nationwide Children’s Hospital and its affiliates collect, use, and share their personal information.
You are completing a medical inquiry form which will provide Nationwide Children’s with certain preliminary information about you or your child’s medical condition. Nationwide Children’s will use the information we collect from this form to (i) provide guidance to you about possible treatment options for you or your child; and (ii) support our healthcare operations, including for fundraising communications, public health activities and research. We may also use or disclose your information as required by law or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or protect your safety or the safety of others. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Some European residents who receive care or participate in research at Nationwide Children’s may have rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights are:
- The right to access your personal information and request certain information about any third parties to whom we have disclosed your data;
- The right to request transfer of your data to you or someone else in a commonly used format;
- The right to request correction of data about you if it is incorrect or incomplete; and during our evaluation of this request, the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to object to specific types of processing of your personal data; and
- The right to request that we erase your data if your data is no longer needed or we have no other legal right to use it.
You have the right to file a complaint to the applicable data supervisory authority if you believe that we have not complied with the applicable privacy regulations with regard to your personal data.
If you have any concerns about the privacy of your information or if you have questions about our procedures, you may contact our Privacy Officer at:
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Attn: Privacy Officer
700 Children’s Drive
Columbus, OH 43205