Thank you for your recent Holiday Toy Drive donations! We are overwhelmed by the response from our generous and thoughtful community.
Thank you for bringing joy this holiday season to the children and their families cared for by Nationwide Children’s Hospital!
Please Be Advised:
December 16 was the last day of accepting physical donations this year to allow for proper quarantine time before distributed to our patients. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
No toy donations will be accepted between December 17, 2020 - January 3, 2021.
During this time, monetary donations and/or gift cards are welcomed. Please see below for more details!
Normal toy drop-off processes will resume on January 4, 2021 at Main Campus; 630 Children’s Drive Columbus, Ohio 43205. Donations can be received 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Fridays.
If you are bringing a large donation (50 items or more) please call (614) 722-3635 in advance to make an appointment for your drop off.
Guidelines for Toy Donations
Top 10 Wish List Items
- Plastic infant/toddler musical light up or vibrating toys (i.e. V-Tech, Fisher-Price, Munchkin)
- Teethers & Rattles
- Diverse dolls and action figures
- Basic card games including: UNO, Skip-Bo, Phase 10, regular deck of playing cards
- LEGO sets
- Little Tike & Fisher-Price action figures and play sets
- Disney, Pixar and teen themed DVDs
- Basic Crayola art supplies: markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Medical play kits
- Amazon, Target, and Walmart gift cards
Restrictions and Special Notes
- All toys and in-kind donations must be new. Because of infection control and allergies, Nationwide Children’s cannot accept used toys. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on shelves in the home.
- Nationwide Children’s cannot accept donations with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords or other projectiles. This includes styrofoam or plastic bullets.
- Because it is dangerous to those with latex allergies, the hospital cannot accept items made of latex, such as balloons, erasers and rubber bands.
- Nationwide Children’s cares for a diverse patient population, therefore, please do not include religious messages or themes.
- Out of sensitivity for patients and families, please avoid including personal information on or with donated items. For example, tribute messages, such as “In Memory of or In Honor of,” or business information. It is appropriate to include a website of an organization should families choose to learn more.
Let Us Do the Shopping
If you would like us to the shopping on your behalf, you may make an online donation. Please indicate your designation is for Family and Volunteer Services.
If you would like to mail a monetary donation, please make your check payable to Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation.
In the memo section of the check please include: Family and Volunteer Services.
Please mail monetary donations and gift cards to:
Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 16810
Columbus, Ohio 43216-6810
Donation Wish List (PDF)
Amazon Smile Wish List
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. (EIN: 31-1036370).
Thank you again for your generosity. Wishing you and yours a warm and safe holiday season!