Thank you for considering Nationwide Children's Hospital for your donation!
Please Be Advised: Out of an abundance of caution, we are currently quarantining all donations for a minimum of 72 hours before distributing them to patients. Please take this into account, particularly in the case of time-sensitive and holiday donations.
Additionally, for the safety of our team, we ask that donations are dropped off in boxes that are closed and are of a manageable size, under 40 pounds.
Donations can be brought to the information desk at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, 630 Children’s Drive. Please fill out a donation slip (available at the information desk) when you bring your donation.
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fridays
Location: 630 Children’s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205
If you are bringing a large donation (50 items or more) please call (614) 722-3635 in advance to make an appointment for your drop-off.
Guidelines for Toy Donations
As you make decisions on what to donate, it may be helpful to know that the majority of our patient population is age 2 and younger, our second largest population is age 12 and older. Patients aged 3-11 years are the smallest part of our population.
Top 10 Wish List Items
- Plastic infant/toddler musical light up or vibrating toys (i.e. V-Tech, Fisher-Price, Munchkin)
- Teethers & Rattles
- Diverse dolls and action figures
- Basic card games including: UNO, Skip-Bo, Phase 10, regular deck of playing cards
- LEGO sets
- Little Tike & Fisher-Price action figures and play sets
- Disney, Pixar, and teen themed DVDs
- Basic Crayola art supplies: markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Medical play kits
- Amazon, Target, and Walmart gift cards
Restrictions and Special Notes
- All toys and in-kind donations must be new. Because of infection control and allergies, we cannot accept used toys. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on shelves in the home.
- For safety reasons, we cannot accept food donations including candy and/or gum.
- Because it is dangerous to those with latex allergies, we cannot accept items made of latex, such as balloons, erasers, and rubber bands.
- Nationwide Children’s cares for a diverse patient population, therefore, please do not include religious messages or themes.
- We cannot accept donations with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords, or other projectiles. This includes styrofoam or plastic bullets.
- Out of sensitivity for patients and families, please avoid including personal information on or with donated items. For example, tribute messages, such as “In Memory of or In Honor of,” or business information. It is appropriate to include a website of an organization should families choose to learn more.
Let Us Do the Shopping
If you would like us to the shopping on your behalf, you may make an online donation. Please indicate your designation is for Family and Volunteer Services.
If you would like to mail a monetary donation, please make your check payable to Nationwide Children’s Hospital Foundation.
In the memo section of the check please include: "Family and Volunteer Services."
Please mail monetary donations and gift cards to:
Nationwide Children's Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 16810
Columbus, Ohio 43216-6810
Donation Wish List (PDF)
Amazon Smile Wish List
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. (EIN: 31-1036370).
Thank you again for your generosity. Wishing you and yours a warm and safe holiday season!