Theodora (Teddi) Matthews is a laboratory genetic counselor for the Institute for Genomic Medicine Clinical Laboratory which includes both a cytogenetics and molecular genetics laboratory. She serves as a resource for internal and external health care providers regarding genetic testing, including the appropriate use of tests, limitations/accuracy of tests, possible testing outcomes, sample requirements, interpretation of results and follow up for cases with abnormal results. Teddi also assists in case review and report write-up, the development of new laboratory tests, and teaching. Teddi has an appointment as an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics through The Ohio State University School of Medicine and serves as the OSU genetic counseling coordinator and supervisor.
- IMPACT Project Award Recipient, Nationwide Children's Hospital, 2017
- American Board of Genetic Counseling, Board Certification, 2014
- Member, American Board of Genetic Counseling, 2014 - Present
- Ohio Credential #70.000105, Licensed Genetic Counselor, 2013 - Present
- Member, National Society of Genetic Counselors, 2012 - Present
2015 - Present Nationwide Children's Hospital Certified Genetic Counselor in the Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics Laboratory
2013 - 2015 Nationwide Children's Hospital Clinical Pediatrics Certified Genetic Counselor