Tahagod Mohamed, MD, is a pediatric nephrologist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and an assistant professor of Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Dr. Mohamed received her fellowship training at University of Virginia School of Medicine. During her fellowship she studied the factors that affect normal and abnormal kidney development. She received several awards for her research achievements from the American Society of Pediatric Nephrology and the American Heart Association.
Dr. Mohamed’s clinical interests include caring for preterm and critically ill neonates with Acute Kidney Injury (AKI). She serves as the Director of Neonatal Nephrology at Nationwide Children's Hospital.
Dr. Mohamed's academic interests include studying the risk factors, the mechanisms and prevention of AKI, and the best strategies to prevent long-term kidney damage and chronic kidney disease after AKI.
- Travel Award, Pediatric Academic Society, 2019
- Fellow Trainee Research Award, American Society of Pediatric Nephrology, 2019
- New Investigator Travel Award, American Heart Association, 2017
- Member, American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- Member, American Society of Nephrology
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 12/02/2019
- Pediatric Nephrology
|Fellowship||University of Virginia School of Medicine||Date Completed: 07/31/2019|
|Residency||Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children||Date Completed: 07/10/2016|
|Medical School||University of Khartoum||Date Completed: 04/30/2008|