Rajitha D. Venkatesh, MD, MPH, FAAP, is an attending pediatric gastroenterologist at Nationwide Children’s Hospital and Co-Director of the Eosinophilic GI Disorders Program. She is also an assistant professor of Clinical Pediatrics at The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Dr. Venkatesh attended Wilkes University for her undergraduate education as a Wilkes Scholar. She attended SUNY Upstate Medical University for medical school and was selected as a NIH Fogarty Clinical Scholar. She completed residency training in Pediatrics at Yale-New Haven Children Hospital, and fellowship training in Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition at Massachusetts General Hospital for Children (MGHfC).
Her clinical interests span all gastrointestinal disorders with a special interest in eosinophilic GI disorders including eosinophilic esophagitis. She is the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition (NASPGHAN) Eosinophilic GI Disorders (EGID) Special Interest Group Chair. Her interests include innovation in clinical care including transnasal endoscopy for eosinophilic esophagitis. In addition, she has an interest in health care disparities and improving access to care specifically through telemedicine. She serves on multiple national committees including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Button Battery Taskforce as well as the AAP Section on Telehealth Care. She also serves as the Social Media Editor for JPGN Reports, a peer-reviewed open access journal which is a joint publication of NASPGAN and ESPGHAN.
- Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2010
- Clinical Care & Quality Committee Member, North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition, 2021 - Present
- Advisory Council Member, GOLD HUMANISM HONOR SOCIETY, 2021 - Present
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Button Battery Task Force, 2021 - Present
- Eosinophilic GI Disorders Special Interest Group Chair, NASPGHAN, 2021 - Present
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Telehealth Care, 2021 - Present
Date of Appointment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: 07/01/2020
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
|Massachusetts General Hospital
|Date Completed: 06/30/2017
|Yale New Haven Hospital
|Date Completed: 06/30/2013
|State University of New York - Upstate Medical Uni
|Date Completed: 05/22/2010